The Abstract Submission for FRPT 2021 is divided into 3 tracks: Radiation Modalities, Mechanisms and Flash in Clinic.
Scroll down to review the abstract topics and start preparing your submission.
Topic A: Radiation Modalities
- A1 – Which conditions (radiation type, dose rate, dose per pulse, total irradiation time) are optimal for FLASH RT?
- A2 – Quality assurance and real time measurement of FLASH doses: ionisation chambers, film, solid state detectors, scintillators
- A3 – How FLASH RT is delivered: electrons, photons, protons, heavy ions: equipment involved, how beam is delivered, experimental end stations etc?
- A4 – FLASH radiation protection; simulation and measurement for research and clinical treatment
- A5 – Spatially fractionated radiotherapy, mini beams, micro beams etc.
- A6 – New horizons in FLASH, spatially fractionated radiotherapy and particle therapy: Laser driven ions, VHEE etc.
- A7 – Abstracts from INSPIRE and UHD Pulse projects; can be from those involved in the projects or through collaborative projects (for example trans national access projects through INSPIRE)
Topic B: Mechanisms
- B1 – Physics: modelling the FLASH effect, Geant 4 DNA, other code
- B2 – Physico-Chemistry: FLASH chemistry, oxygen contribution, ROS
- B3 – Biology: molecular level, DNA damage, oxidative stress, inflammation; cellular level; tissue level
- B4 – In vitro and in vivo studies,
- B5 – Flash and drug / immune radiation combinations
Topic C: Flash in the Clinic
- C1 – QA and dosimetry
- C2 – TPS development for FLASH
- C3 – Treatment regimen, fractionation, volume, combination
- C4 – Clinical trial design and methodology, regulations
- C5 – Patient selection (how many patients might benefit from FLASH?), FLASH clinical workflow, health economics
- C6 – Clinical trial: FLASH-IORT and superficial tumours; FLASH – proton; synchrotron trial; innovative trials